Saturday, January 16, 2010

Library Books

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke - according to the book jacket, "The capitivating sequel to Inkheart," which in turn was a "Delectably thick and transfixing fantasy..." according to Publishers Weekly. I can quite reliably confirm that Inkspell is also thick. Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - the sequel to Stargirl, which I do not adore as much as Maniac Magee and Crash - but it's still a good read. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead - I've been hunting for this book for a while - I read a review somewhere that piqued my interest. It's a mystery/puzzle of sorts set in 1979. I'm hoping that it will turn out to be in the grand tradition of The Westing Game. Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken - I ADORE Aiken's Wolves Chronicles, and I recently remembered that she wrote several romances that are loosely based on supporting characters from Jane Austen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking over your blog
God bless you