Monday, May 12, 2008

All the Way My Savior Leads Me

All the way my Savior leads me;
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt his tender mercy,
Who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in him to dwell;
For I know, whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

All the way my Savior leads me,
Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for ev'ry trial,
Feeds me with the living bread.
Though my weary steps may falter,
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the rock before me,
Lo, a spring of joy I see!

All the way my Savior leads me—
O the fullness of his love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father's house above:
When my spirit, clothed, immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day,
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way.

-Fanny Crosby

2 comments:

Beth said...

Last night I was thinking about HOW MUCH I want to pass this last actuarial exam, and how much better my life will be when I'm finally through with studying, and how the thought of maybe having to go through this again next Spring makes me sick...

And then I remembered that I am not my own...and all things must work together for the good of my salvation.

I am not a big fan of Fanny Crosby. But at the end of the day, what more can be said than "For I know, whate'er befall me, Jesus doeth all things well"? If I have to take this exam again next Spring, if I pass and move on to other things (yes, please!)--regardless, all the way my Savior leads me, what have I to ask beside? He will cheer my winding path, even if it's another three months in the (somewhat cheerless) company of Messrs Bodie, Kane, Marcus, and Hull.

Jessielynn said...

Good perspective, Beth Ann.